So everyone has been talking about what they would do if they won the $1 Billion+ powerball! While I don't think it is likely I'll win at all... it is fun to think about! I don't normally get any kind of lotto-related items at all, but figured why not?
So what would I do?
1) I'd take the lump sum payment... that's for sure.
2) I'd tithe the appropriate amount to my church, and a few charities I greatly admire: Salvation Army, Wounded Warrior Project, etc.
3) I would make my parents retire, pay off the rest of the house/renovations. Buy them new vehicles of their choice, and give them a stack of cash to live out the rest of their days relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer.
4) There are a few mentors/role models in my life I would give some money to. Maybe a few former teachers and advisers, people I really think had an impact on my life and went out of their way to help me achieve goals and get to where I am today.
5) I'd pay for the costs of my book editing/cover art/marketing.
6) New car: I've always wanted a Subaru BRZ/ Scion FRS... they're gorgeous, I think. Or one of the new corvettes. (Yes it would be that burned orange color... I like it.)
7) Buy myself an apartment to live in and some real-estate to rent out.
8) Trip to Japan!
9) Invest whatever is left over.
That's what I would do if I won the powerball... I mean, if it actually happened I'm sure there would be some more in there... but I think my list is reasonable! What would you do?
Follow me on twitter: @MattTaylor1776
I will do my best to be posting new content every Wednesday. Tentatively dubbed "Workshop Wednesday" I will relatively unedited practice pieces I create to work on certain aspects of the writing craft. Bear in mind military service and training schedules are unpredictable and may be cause for the occasional late post.
In the future I plan to have a set schedule for posting about other writing-related things, or topics in my interest field such as Table Top War Gaming and Video Games.
Thank you for your support and feedback!
Matthew Taylor was born February 13, 1991 in Simi Valley, California. He earned a Bachelor's degree in Political Science from California State University Channel Islands, where he served as treasurer and briefly President of one of the campus's two political clubs. While earning his degree he continued to write and hone his craft, eventually releasing an initial few short stories on Kindle.