So everyone has been talking about what they would do if they won the $1 Billion+ powerball! While I don't think it is likely I'll win at all... it is fun to think about! I don't normally get any kind of lotto-related items at all, but figured why not?
So what would I do?
1) I'd take the lump sum payment... that's for sure.
2) I'd tithe the appropriate amount to my church, and a few charities I greatly admire: Salvation Army, Wounded Warrior Project, etc.
3) I would make my parents retire, pay off the rest of the house/renovations. Buy them new vehicles of their choice, and give them a stack of cash to live out the rest of their days relaxing and enjoying all that life has to offer.
4) There are a few mentors/role models in my life I would give some money to. Maybe a few former teachers and advisers, people I really think had an impact on my life and went out of their way to help me achieve goals and get to where I am today.
5) I'd pay for the costs of my book editing/cover art/marketing.
6) New car: I've always wanted a Subaru BRZ/ Scion FRS... they're gorgeous, I think. Or one of the new corvettes. (Yes it would be that burned orange color... I like it.)
7) Buy myself an apartment to live in and some real-estate to rent out.
8) Trip to Japan!
9) Invest whatever is left over.
That's what I would do if I won the powerball... I mean, if it actually happened I'm sure there would be some more in there... but I think my list is reasonable! What would you do?
Follow me on twitter: @MattTaylor1776
Matthew Taylor lives in beautiful, sunny Southern California. He has a degree in political science, and he enjoys staying up to date with anything involving international relations.